Modern Japan

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Short Legs

I think this is a universal thing, but remembering the times when I used to date Japanese women. One of their biggest concern was their chest size, but their other concern was their short legs.

OK, long legs do look nice. I only met one Japanese lady who had the rare combination of long legs a big upper body.

Anyway, the point is, not many people realize that it's not that bad having short legs. They might not look good, but who cares? I have an 86-year old grandmother whom I paid for her healthclub membership so she can do rehab on her legs. We all know when you get older, your muscles get weaker so it is a good idea to have a senior citizen strengthen their legs. What most people don't realize is that the shorter your legs are, the easier it is to strengthen your legs.

I told my grandmother how lucky she is to have short legs. I shared her a story about a friend I have in America and whose grandfather was around 5-11 to 6 feet tall (180cm). He had very long legs and it was really difficult for him to walk. You are talking about a 96-year old man. He had to use crutches to keep his balance. The truth is, the longer your legs are, the harder it is to balance when you walk.

I guess that is why more successful football players are the ones with shorter legs. Barry Sanders is one of the most successful NFL running backs around and it was compact built which helped him have a very successful career. Running backs, Offensive and Defensive linemen are better off having shorter legs.

Next time I would like to talk about the #1 thing most women look for when they date a man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home